Many Internet websites state that the world will end on December 21, 2012. The purpose of this blog is to show the answers that NASA scientists gave to the most frequently asked questions about this phenomenon.
- Are there any threats to the Earth in 2012?
- What is the origin of the prediction that the world will end in 2012?
- Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
- Could a phenomena occur where planets align in a way that impacts Earth?
- Is there a planet or brown dwarf called Nibiru or Planet X or Eris approaching the Earth and threatening our planet with widespread destruction?
- What is the polar shift theory? Is it true that the earth’s crust does a 180-degree rotation around the core in a matter of days if not hours?
- Is the Earth in danger of being hit by a meteor in 2012?
- How do NASA scientists feel about claims of pending doomsday?
- Is there a danger from giant solar storms predicted for 2012?